Tech Bytes, Thursday January 24
Posted in: Uncategorized
- The Steve Jobs biopick starring Ashton Kutcher premieres this Friday at Sundance, and a clip was released today. Actually Kutcher does look like Jobs, but it’s hard to dispel the aura of Michael Kelso.
- Everyone is speculating on Apple’s stock slide, despite record iPhone sales. Probably nothing to do with the aforementioned Kelso.
- 22 year-old Christopher Weatherhead gets 18 months for hacking Mastercard, Visa and PayPal in retribution for cutting off Wikileaks. Lloyd Blankfein’s bonus will surge 90% for ripping off millions.
- Facebook’s baby oligarch Mark Zuckerberg will fundraise for Chris Christie’s reelection.
- Google asks FCC for wireless spectrum for…something.
- Twitter unveils Vine, it’s “Instagram for video.” Bit buggy.
- Neverending story: The International Trade Commission will review Apple’s patent complaint against Samsung.
- FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski’s plan “to allow greater media consolidation in local markets could wipe out many of the remaining TV station owners of color left in the country.”
- Unsurprisingly, Jane Fonda and Gloria Steinem are pushing for a woman to head the FCC.
- Microsoft blames manufacturers for underwhelming Surface sales over Christmas, saying they simply didn’t build enough.
- And finally, the State Department offers helpful advice on how you, too, can keep from becoming the next Manti Te’o.
Return to: Tech Bytes, Thursday January 24